CDC information and guidance on COVID-19 can be found on the CDC website at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html.
Coronavirus Disease 2019
· Situation Summary
· What You Should Know About COVID-19 to Protect Yourself and Others
· How COVID-19 Spreads
· Symptoms of Coronavirus and Self-Checker
· Prevent Getting Sick
· What to Do if You are Sick
· Reducing Stigma
Personal Protective Equipment
Infection Prevention and Control
Personnel with Potential Exposure in a Healthcare Setting to Patients with Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)
Testing Persons for Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
· Testing for Coronavirus (COVID-19) in Nursing Homes: Considerations for Use of Test-Based Strategies for Preventing SARS-CoV-2 Transmission in Nursing Homes
Outpatient and Ambulatory Care Settings
People at Risk for Serious Illness
· People with Moderate or Severe Asthma
· What to Know About HIV and COVID-19
Further information posted by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) may be useful in keeping your employees safe during the pandemic. Additional resources from these organizations are listed below:
OSHA has information and guidance on COVID-19 on their website at https://www.osha.gov/SLTC/covid-19/.
Below I listed links to OSHA documents on preventing exposure and preparing workplaces for COVID-19.
· OSHA Alert: Prevent Worker Exposure to Coronavirus (COVID-19)
· OSHA Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19
This document helps employers implement engineering, administrative, and work practice controls, and use of personal protective equipment. Employers and workers can use this guidance to help identify risk levels in workplace settings and to determine any appropriate control measures to implement.
· Temporary Enforcement Guidance — Healthcare Respiratory Protection Annual Fit-Testing for N95 Filtering Facepieces During the COVID-19 Outbreak. OSHA Memorandum (March 14, 2020). This OSHA memorandum provides temporary enforcement guidance to Compliance Safety and Health Officers for enforcing the Respiratory Protection standard, 29 CFR § 1910.134, regarding supply shortages of N95 filtering facepiece respirators caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
EPA has a COVID-19 website at https://www.epa.gov/coronavirus.
Below I listed links to EPA information on disinfectants for use against SARS-CoV-2, the novel coronavirus that causes the disease COVID-19.
· List N: List of Disinfectants for use Against SARS-CoV-2
· Frequently Asked Questions about List N: Disinfectants for use Against SARS-CoV-2